Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Upon a Burning Body Live Show Review

If you want to mosh, two step, scream along or just headbang, then you need to catch the next Upon a Burning Body date in your town. I went to see them With Abandon All Ships, Confide, In Fear and Faith, and We Came as Romans at the high ground in Metarie, LA on 9/12/2010.

All I have to say is wow. I;ve been to shows where the band plays and then leaves with NO crowd interaction (**cough Bullet For my Valentine cough**) but these guys, like all good metal bands, encourage you to mosh and stage dive and to get up there with em and party. They know how to have a good time and keep the energy in a venue up for their whole set. Live, they can pull off everything they do on the album flawlessly, at least that's how it sounded to me. And it doesn't hurt that these are some of the nicest dudes I've ever been able to hang with. I got to talk to CJ and Ruben (guitars and bass, respectively) after their set and was blown away by how approachable they were. With a crushing live set, great sound, awesome crowd interaction and a cool factor of 5/5, I'd definitely go see these guys live if I were you. Album review coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment